Crop Life Sri Lanka (Formerly known as Sri Lanka Crop Protection Association –SLCPA) represents the crop protection industry in Sri Lanka. Crop Life Sri Lanka is a full member of Crop Life Asia, which is one of the six regional associations of Crop Life International.
“The Plant Science Industry invents, develops manufactures and sells products and services designed to improve the global production of food, feed, fiber and other useful products in a sustainable way.
The industry performs this mission through the use of biology, chemistry, biotechnology,
plant breeding and other techniques while following the highest ethical standards
providing safeguards for human health and the environment, the industry
pursues transparency in its business activities by addressing the
concerns of all stakeholders, including customers, regulatory
agencies and non-governmental organization.”
1) To promote the interests of pesticide industry.
2) Advancing the level of public understanding of the value of pesticides in Agriculture & Public health.
3) Drawing up guidelines which will promote the safe & proper handling of pesticides.
4) Cooperation with govt: agencies in the development of policies & regulations in regard to above.
5) Encouraging & supporting appropriate organizations engaged in agricultural research & public health.
6) Ensuring that the industry conforms to international standards of quality.
7) To take any lawful action, incidental or conductive to the attainment of the above objects.
8) To liaise with and assist all government and non governmental institutions in the handling and usage of pesticides.
9) Assisting government in enhancing suitable brand and patent legislation.
Chairman, Mr.Rohitha Nanayakkara ( Zegro Singapore (pvt) ltd)
Secretary Mr.Dhammika Rupasinghe( IPMP(pvt) Ltd)
Treasurer Mr.Lohith Wijesuriya (Asiatic Agriculture)
Mr.Upali Gangoda (Hayleys Agro Products)
Mr.Rukmal Dias (Novela)
Mr.Deepal Aratchige (Lankem)
Mr.Saman Premalal (Monsanto)
Mr .Indika Gunawardane (CIC)
Mr. Hiran Weerasekara (Harrisons)
Mr. Sumith De Silva (Oasis)
Mr. Layantha Bandara ( BASF- Finlay)
Mr. Chandima Athukorale (Baurs)
Contact Details –
Chairman – 071 7039071, 011-4401299, E-mail – email@example.com
Secretary - 0777 583855 , E- mail – firstname.lastname@example.org